I’m back in action this week after a break for the holiday. I had originally planned to continue with small updates to keep up my posting streak, but in the flurry of holiday festivities coupled with a bad cold, I think I needed the break.
Being home for the holidays was a nice treat after being away last year. Antarctica was awesome, but it was wonderful to be home at Christmastime. Brian was able to come home as well so there was a lot of family time on both sides. Here’s a recap of some of the awesomeness:
- Celebrating Brian’s brother’s “21st” birthday
- Flashdance at the Kennedy Center followed by truffle pizza for Brian’s mom’s birthday
- Three rounds of present opening on Christmas Day
- Crowley New Year’s featuring an epic present opening session, good food, and lots of football
- Putting some final painting touches on my parents’ updated bathroom
- Completing three (!) jigsaw puzzles
- Making goat cheese cheesecake (and eating it!)
- Getting engaged to Brian!
- Celebrating our engagement, my parent’s 43rd wedding anniversary, and Brian’s birthday all in one go
Let’s just say I got my fair share of champagne and dessert over the break.